Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing-A-Week Part VI: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

I am counting these as a project just due to shear volume. See we got a new oven because our old oven always picked the temperature it wanted not the temperature I chose. Usually varying between 25-50 degrees. This played some serious havoc with my baking. So we finally convinced the complex that we needed an oven.

Only my brain is still geared towards the old oven. See with the old oven I had to make gigantic cookies or they would burn. The adorable little cinnamon chip cookies Ciara makes would have been heartily laughed at by the old oven and quickly turned to charcoal. So, with cookies I had to think big.

I was making these for someone at work who is having a birthday this week. And, because they are peanut butter chocolate chip I also wanted some for Aaron. And, because the enormous cookie rule means you only get a dozen or so cookies out of a batch I doubled the recipe. Bad idea. The stupid things wouldn't bake. It took forever and I ended up with about 70 some cookies. So, in the end it became a project and I have lots to share. They are tasty. They are Reeses' peanut butter chips and Ghiradelli cocoa powder (the only product of theirs that I love!). Recipe is on the back of the bag. Not complicated at all, just tiresome when you are making ridiculous quantities of them.

No comments: