Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing-A-Week Part IX: Tapioca Pudding

I suppose you can't possibly imagine who in the house is somewhat partial to tapioca pudding? I actually sort of enjoy making this (as long as it is in small batches) and knowing how much he loves it, I am periodically talked into doing so. I made this from scratch just using the box directions. I am not much of a pudding person but I do admit this does taste pretty good until I remember how much I hate the texture. I also really think the homemade vanilla really makes a difference with this. I might try using an actual bean next time and see how I like that.

I think one of my next period cooking projects is to adapt a rice pudding of some sort. I already have a guinea pig to test it and it might be a potential feast option whenever I do one of those again.

No comments: