Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Thing-A-Week Part XV: Chocolate Cherry Delight


Chocolate Cherry Delights is another recipe I got from one of the Joanne Fluke "Hannah Swenson" mystery novels. The disembodied hand is Aaron attempting to snatch a cookie as I was taking a picture. Basically they are a chocolate cookie topped with a cherry and an interesting fudgy concoction before being baked. They are a little bit fussy and the cookie base is somewhat dry but otherwise they are really addicting despite being exceedingly sweet. I am not sure how to improve upon the dryness of the base as it needs to serve several functions. It needs to be stable. It can't rise/spread too much or the sauce will hit the pan and burn. And, it has to be able to stand up to the moisture of the cherries. I made these for Gulf Wars North and they were fairly well received. I am thinking though I am not going to make these too frequently again due to the fussy level of the recipe.

And, I guess Joanne Fluke has found the perfect gimic for enticing new readers. The recipes inspire me to get into the kitchen so I keep reading her novels so that I get more recipes. I am taking a break for a little bit and am going to read a book that Eliane lent me called "The Sharper Your Knife the Less You Cry" by Kathleen Flinn.

No comments: