Sunday, March 28, 2010

Updates on Knitting



I finished the first sock of the Devil's Snare pattern using my Opal Harry Potter yarn. The yarn is probably too busy for this pattern but it makes my geek heart happy so I don't mind one bit. It needs a bit of tailoring to really fit. I think. I just finished the ribbing on sock number two and need to move into the lace again. I really love the heel flap and the pattern in general so I may use it again on a yarn that shows off the lace better. It gives me a good reason to purchase some KnitPicks yarn but honestly who really needs a good reason for yarn shopping :)



Sock number one completed. I started on the ribbing for sock number two. I love how soft this yarn is. My knitting wasn't so grand and I am disappointed in the colorway. I loved it on the skein and it was called "Sapphire" but once knitted it is mostly green and yellow.



These were a lot of fun and knit up very fast. I picked the wrong yarn weight and didn't do a swatch so they were enormous. I gave them to my husband though so hopefully no more cold hands after being up late playing video games.

No comments: