Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Knitting Progress

As part of my resolution to venture out of my safe zone when it comes to knitting (lumpy squares and stockinette tubes), I decided to try the Devil's Snare Sock pattern. I liked that the lace part was on only one section (my all the way around lace effort turned into epic fail the first time I tried that) and I loved the detail on the heel flap. I even saved my special Opal Harry Potter yarn for this purpose.

I finished the first sock tonight and it didn't go to badly. I had a few false starts but a friend quickly cleared things up. They are a little to big and I think I know how to fix that but I am not willing to frog the sock to do try it (I am conquering one fear at a time here). The variegated yarn doesn't really show off the full effect of the pattern but I still love them and I think I may use the pattern again in the future.

Now, I need to finish the second sock...sigh

No comments: