Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nachos!




My fiance really loves nachos and I have slowly been coming up with my own recipe for making them at home based on our own personal preferences and what I come across online.

Essentially:
Brown hamburger or ground turkey and then add about 1 cup of water mixed with a healthy dose of taco seasonings (Penzey's has a great mix).

I drain a can of diced tomatoes (I like Del Monte's mixed blends and usually use the green pepper/onion one), a can of sliced olives, and some chili beans.

I layer chips, shredded cheese, the veggies, and meat until the pan is full and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes until the chips soften and the cheese gets all melty.

Incidentally the dish pictured above was a holiday present that I am really liking. I never would have picked it out for myself but I am glad I received it because I think it is going to fill in some gaps in my kitchen utensils quite nicely.

No comments: