Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fondue!

We hosted for the second time our New Years Day party which involves food and games and such. I think it went well though I really over-cooked. We had ranch chicken wings, bbq pork, pita with 2 kinds of hummus, various cheeses, chips, etc. And there was fondue!

I found a recipe online for a traditional three-cheese fondue and I really liked the way it turned out. I was skeptical of how it would work because I am not a fan of swiss cheese or cheeses of that ilk. I bought some nice specialty cheeses from a local market and it turned out dangerously yummy. I also made a chocolate fondue that we flavored with cinnamon that was creamy and decadent and .... *drool*

Fondue is totally awesome!

I also had an amazing time at the LARP (called "Clerical Error) I went to the other day. I was worried at first given my lack of experience, but it ended up going well and the way the story unfolded was just plain awesome. They are running the game at Intercon K this year so I will refrain from going into more detail. I think LARPs are something I want to explore more of in the future.

No comments: