Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dobra Tea House

I had stopped into Dobra Tea House in Madison once but was somewhat overwhelmed by the selection and underwhelmed by the comfort so I ended up not staying. However, a friend of mine and I had wanted to meet up for an afternoon of tea and chatting and she recommended this place so I gave it another try.

My problem with it originally was that I don't like rickety tables - they seem unwelcoming and the wicker ones provided looked like they would topple over if my clumsy self looked at them funny. So, we tried one of the little nooks filled with pillows and small lap table. This was much more cozy when I sort of snuggled up in the corner and I think is the way to go in the future.

The tea selection was still overwhelming (they give you a book for a menu) and it wasn't really organized or navigated well but my friend pointed me the right direction and I ordered the Masala which was a nice spicy blend and some pita bread covered in cinnamon, sugar, and butter (anything that involves those three elements has to be awesome right?).

Much better experience when I actually gave it a try but I think the key is having good company to spend it with.

We also managed to hit the "free" section of the library book sale and each found some really great young adult fiction (young adult fiction is awesome because it isn't afraid to explore things - it never seems limited by unused imagination). All in all the day was a win.

No comments: