Sunday, September 27, 2009

Flowers



One of the things that was important to me for the wedding was the flowers - I knew I could never afford to cover the entire place in flowers but I had some specific requirements for the bouquet. I wanted my bouquet to incorporate flowers that remind me of people in my life - irises are my favorite flowers and they remind me of my dad, daffodils remind me of my mother (my dad brought them to her every spring), red carnations are my maid of honor's favorite flower, calla lily's for the groom's mother, and roses because a lot of people said those or couldn't pick a flower (I picked peach because those are my favorite). However, as with everything wedding related, the price of the bouquets was more than I expected. I discovered I could make what I wanted myself for less.

No comments: