Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Thing-A-Week Part 35: Lentil Salad

No pictures of this....It turned out well but lentils are not...photogenic.

Essentially I used the following recipe:
http://www.ummah.net/family/recipes/lentil.html

It smells kinda odd (I think it is the cumin) and it is not visually attractive but it tastes really good. I am someone who never thought they would like lentils until I helped out with making lunch for 35 year and I was corrupted.

I think it is a definite win. I just hope it is a fair vegetarian option. I am not sure about quantity though. According to the bag the amount I made was 14 servings. I didn't measure final volume.

1 comment:

A. Rebekah Turner said...

So, I love lentils, and I'd want some, even if I get the meat option, too.

But, I'm not sure that many people share my love.