Sunday, June 1, 2008

Adventures in Knitting

Yesterday I had a lovely day spent with a good friend hanging out and knitting. She took me to Lakeside Fibers in Madison which was my first non-chain knitting store experience. It was absolutely beautiful. The store was huge, with a varied selection and wonderful layout. A lot of thought went into that store. There were all sorts of lovely things I would have loved but I am waiting to expand my collection until I have more experience.

We then stopped at Hilldale Mall and picked up some chocolates at David Bacco Chocolates. They were wonderful. I especially liked the Exotic Caramel and the Cardamom Ganache Cube. After that we browsed the mall a little bit and went to dinner at Imperial Garden.

When we got back to her place we watched Creature Comforts (yay talking amoebas!) and did some knitting. She attempted to help me make a small sock in order to show me how they work but the pattern I found for free was a little difficult to understand and it didn't work very well at all. I sort of understood how it worked though and I am going to try again with a different pattern. I really enjoy knitting in the round and there is a wealth of wonderful yarns out there that I would like to play with beyond just making lumpy squares so I am willing to try making socks. I am still rather intimidated by it.

No comments: