Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Thing-A-Week Part 26: Sushi


Saturday I went to get groceries and also stopped at Brennan's and got a bunch of produce. I was feeling adventurous and wanted to try making sushi. They aren't very pretty but it was a first attempt. These are avocado and cucumber.

Also with my produce selection I chopped up and roasted some veggies and made some baked chicken for lunches this week. And, on my health kick, I packaged up some snacks for myself to help with portion control which is one of my biggest problems.

One of the things I like about Brennan's is that they have samples. I had what I thought was a mango while at the store. I thought I didn't like mangoes but this was wonderful. It was sort of creamy like coconut and fruity like peaches and pineapple. So I bought one. I wasn't really sure I picked up the right one as there seemed to be two different fruits labeled the same thing and I think I grabbed the wrong one. *sigh* It was not yummy. I didn't get yummy fruit.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

ohman atleast you know how to make them thats cool