Saturday, September 25, 2010

Small Comforts...

There is something comforting about a murder mystery or at least certain murder mysteries. I am speaking particularly of the ones where one finds oneself in a small hamlet, with an over large cemetery. These are the ones where every time you meet a new character they are either a victim or a murderer. Stir in a lead character with some pluck and let the mayhem ensue. It is a little certainty in an uncertain world.

I am generally a fan of mystery type shows by which I mean at the beginning of the show there is a problem which through a series of steps clues begin to unfold leading the cast down a path of twists and turns ending up at a resolution. And they come in so many delightful forms these days: Castle, Bones, Leverage, etc

But every once in a while I like to return to the classics. Maybe it was all those late nights watching Murder, She Wrote reruns with my dad.

No comments: