Saturday, June 12, 2010

Egg Drop Soup

Egg Drop Soup is quickly becoming my new comfort food and I figured out a way to make it in a way I find very tasty:

1 quart chicken broth
ginger, garlic powder, onion powder
2 tablespoons corn starch
3 eggs, gently beaten
salt, pepper, other seasonings as needed.

1. Bring to a boil chicken broth with ginger, garlic, and onion powder.

2. Mix a couple tablespoons of the broth with cornstarch. Add cornstarch. Simmer until it begins to thicken - about 5 minutes. I find I need to stir frequently while this is happening.

3. Reduce heat to gentle simmer. Beat 3 eggs very gently (I don't like keeping yolks and whites separate so I don't like to beat the eggs too much) and pour in a circular motion over the broth. Allow to set. Stir gently until heated through. Serve.

No comments: