Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday Swap

So this is somewhat late in posting but a couple of months ago I participated in a birthday swap with fellow Gemini's through Ravelry. A name was drawn for us of someone participating and we sent them a package with $X amount of stuff and then someone else would send us a package.

This was a lot of fun to compile especially since I am horrible at finding bargains usually and it really forced me to spend inside my budget. I even made some stitch markers but i am not sure they turned out very well. Anyway this was the pictures my partner took of the package I sent her:



(I couldn't resist sending a wind-up toy - I like sharing the madness!)

And this was the amazing package I got from my swap partner:


I can't wait to play with the undyed yarn - I am thinking indigo and tumeric and then making one of the Islamic pouches that were discussed in one of the recent SCA craft publications. *squee*

No comments: