Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baby Hat



Wow! This knitted up really fast! I had some sock yarn that I wanted to work with but I didn't feel like tackling another pair of socks so I decided to make this cute baby hat I had a pattern for. I was a little unsure of a few things but I managed to figure them out. I guess I am getting to be a better knitter despite myself.

I used Sockotta. I think it patterns a little more distinctly than Berroco Sox but I am not sure which one I like better. I have a ton left over so I am going to make a pair of socks to manage. I had forgotten that my aunt was pregnant (I don't keep in touch with my extended family that much) so starting and finishing it was rather convenient. Her shower is tomorrow and since I have to work I will send it, the socks, and a card soon. I think I am going to make another set for the original mom-to-be this was intended for. Then I should probably get back to some other projects.

I really liked how this one pattered on the top with the decreases. The I-cord was a first attempt so it is rather woofy. I found lots of instructions on how to start I-cord but absolutely none on how you finish it off. My first was a little disasterous but I tried doing decreases on the second until I got down to one stitch and then finishing it off like I usually do for a cast off. I then pulled the tail back down through the cord which seemed to correct the end shape. Not perfect but better then the first attempt. Look at me experimenting.




It is a good thing I am starting to get hooked on this because I have too much yarn to just drop the knitting thing but I worry how long my interest will last. My embroidery obsession is pretty much gone and I am hoping the knitting one doesn't follow suit.

No comments: